Search This Blog

Monday, January 8, 2024

Reject The Rejection

rejection is a norm ...

When a close relative needed help urgently, my door is almost always their nearest stop

It's no small sum but it was a "must help" ~ somehow against better judgement, I helped

When the amount was returned some years later, she was disgruntled and felt that I had gained from helping & it was she who gave me the opportunity [borrowed $250,000 on an asset valued at $500,000, hence my share is 50%. I could have bought the full 100%. Years later, it was sold at $1m and each of us got $500,000] Our relationship never got back to before the loan

In another case, i extended an emergency loan. Two years later, she needed another larger loan urgently, if not yesterday, today! I refused as I have not been paid. Now, the relationship is cold as wintry breeze. Whether i can or cannot collect the (full) sum still remains uncertain. 

I remain cool & collected and all shalt pass. I am just a tool to their ends. 

I have been rejected for 'not' helping and it's fast becoming a norm

Loans with collateral are like water whereas those without collateral are like fire. WATER - When a ship sinks, you can still find the sunken ship. FIRE - In a fire, the ship become ashes    

My experiences with 'friendly' loans have almost always been bad. You find it hard to say "NO" and you'd learn that it's harder to get back thereafter. Long ago, I have learnt that it is better to loss a friend than to loss a friend and (your) money. But, today, I am still falling for the same

Alas! Afterall, I am only a Human, stuffed with emotions... but I am learning to accept rejections

Rejection gives me peace of mind and allow my hard earned monies to grease my life, a day at a time

The fool and his money will soon part

The best strategy is to say "NO" when others ask for favors. If he really needs the favor, he will seek another for help or ask you a second time. If your feeling is still no good, reject him. After all, you will be rejected after you part with your money; the choice is obvious

Trust is built over time yet a single betrayal is enough to break the camel's neck

穷 - 穷要穷得清白     富 - 富要富的明白

My business dealings have been based on trust, some called it "credibility"; lost some, made some but always suffer because I am, and have been, too trusting 

In today's scam prone environment, every "Yes" opens the floodgate to potential scammers

I guess, everyone starts with a common yet noble cause and is willing to share the spoils

It is perfectly fine that partners have different views or approaches but as the numbers/dollars get bigger, greed seeps in. The desire to dominate and control gain strength resulting in rivalry, not cooperation and partnership

With divided commitments and clandestine stealth in-fighting, trust is undermined & survival is at stake

It is best to leave the scene to regain some semblance of sanity and integrity ~ money can make but integrity and trust cannot be bought

The occasional betrayals and rejections can be very demoralizing; it takes a wise man to swallow the pains quietly and walk away

Kindness is taken as weakness

Failures & Fail ~ Many who fail did not recover for a simple reason that they blame everything else except themself, refused to examine the causes, sulk and indulge in self-misery 

Worse, they reject logical, level minded and practical solutions

Nobody succeed by repeatedly using the same old solutions on an exiting problem; it's like having a wrong key to the same lock

Avoid those that blame the world except themself for their failures & yet demanding help in an instant. Help has become "no more" incidental but a birthright to them; 蛤蟆永远不会变成青蛙(王子)

Accepting rejection as a norm is not unlike accepting that the world will never be equal; the earlier you accept it, the happier you will be

Bricks and stones break bones, not words

Reject ALL those who reject you for not helping. Helping is incidental, not a birthright

 


No comments:

Stock Up Your Energy - Live Abundantly

 Nothing lasts forever; don't push your luck too far... When you: Betray your partners and friends to get ahead Quietly retain mutually ...