Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Taking Stock & Reviewing Annual Resolutions

whatever  and however you try, there is a possibility of ...

I have long forgotten what is a New Year's resolution
In fact, I don't set any as I review my objectives and intents quarterlyt
My big picture doesn't change but I persistently guide myself along my goal
Many times, it looked extremely promising only to evaporate without the 'ink of the pen'
Frustration, disappointments, disbelieves...but real

Man proposes, GOD disposes

Is there a 'sure' thing? No! Nothing is sure and it was never meant to be ...unless crystalized
In life, I guess, we just keep ploughing and irrigating the fields
Sow the seeds and wait for the 'heavenly blessings'; be it a farmer or a "Jack Ma"
Every good turn deserves another but if luck pans out that could be last turn
We can just be hopeful; do your best and leave the rest

The world loves a Winner

The straight "As" students may not go on to shine just as there are many who "A"s their careers
Jack Ma & Steve Jobs are rare finds but proofs of possibility
The elitism that breed in Singapore, though denied, has no place in Society
Meritocracy is a word of the past when kids are 'boxed up & streamed' in their early ages
When you served detention in NS, your career in Civil & Govt Service ceases

Why sentenced the youths early in their ages, be it streaming or in the NS? Elitism
It is definitely not the fear of competition from late bloomers but an outright 'social engineering'
Casting aside as many in early ages reduce the probability of fiercer competition latee
"White horses" are protected breed
As for the rest, the earlier you walk out of the system, the higher the chances of returning to victory

What have I achieved for the year? Nothing to shout about
But, I have build and sustain my health ~ a fact that no one else can help nor replace
When Steve Jobs was staring at the live-support machines, he was reminded that we are mere mortals
The elites think highly of themselves, rightly so, until the days of reckoning
Death the leveller

If Earth is a living hell, what gains do you get to live longer? The end is usually more devastating
Let the be compassion, care & share
The Earth will be destroyed in a nuke war; whether you are Trump, Kim, Xi or Lee
Live and let live ~ when you save one, its one. When you saved two, its a pair
I would rather live comfortably than in a stress-filled world

Tomorrow is never promised; live your best today

Looking back, I survived a tough and rough world
My sunny island is peppered with problems and elitism where lip services abound
I am hopeful that things will change but the change starts with me because I/we cannot change others
My annual resolutions had been shelved for years
In GOD i trusts

I live a day at a time

My resolution is to remain happy & healthy, comes whatever may








No comments:

Stock Up Your Energy - Live Abundantly

 Nothing lasts forever; don't push your luck too far... When you: Betray your partners and friends to get ahead Quietly retain mutually ...